Monday, December 20, 2010

Skaven 8th Edition: Screaming Bell

Taking a break from my Skaven Lore, I thought I would bring in some reinforcements to my army. Currently I only have been playing with the old Skaven Scream Bell Model which is basically all metal. It also only fits on the 50x100 instead of the 60x100 that the new Bell is on. So I took it upon myself and brought into my new army the new Skaven Bell.

Basically from the original package, one gets a 60+ multi-piece set that allows one to choose between either the plague furnace or the screaming bell. Since I have already the Plague Furnace built, I of course went with the screaming bell option this time.


Now I admit, my camera is awful when it comes to taking pictures of miniatures, so I will try to put up the best pictures I can of this model. I had meant to take pictures of the progress, as I have been working on it everyday for the last couple weeks and finally got to a point where I am happy enough to deploy it, but as all painters know, there is always more that can be done, and probably more that will be done. Here are a few pictures of my screaming bell so far. The pictures don't at all give it justice, because you cant really see all the details but you will get the general gist of what I tried to do.






I also worked on my furnace which is better than it was before, but mostly just touch up. here are a couple pics of my furnace.










On both models I still have some work to do. Mostly fine level painting, and some highlighting which I attempted to do on my bell, but a long ways to go. I also have another model I am working on so stay tuned for that one as well. So much to do, so little time. Cheese anyone?


3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome man! You had worked heavily on one of these previously, hadn't you? The Plague Furnace, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, previously I worked on the furnace a while back, but missed a few details which i worked on some. This month I put together the bell, primed and painted it. While just touching up on the furnace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, they look fantastic- there is great progress going on there!

    ReplyDelete